Welcome again, real estate friends! Today I’d like to talk with you about the Six Weakest Points of Investing, faux pas made by beginner and experienced investors alike. This is simply because of a lack of understanding of why – why you’re looking at the deal, why you’re interested in buying it, and why it could be profitable.
- If the house lacks curb appeal, it will be difficult to buy or sell later on. Know what you’re looking at.
- What are the numbers of the deal? What is the seller asking? What can it be resold or rented out for later? What are the holding costs?
- Talking with the sellers and negotiating for the property. Build rapport and ask the seller why they need the money.
- Structure your offers so they make sense for you and for the seller.
- Consider all your financing options. You don’t need cash if you work with the seller to create desirable terms for them and their goals.
- The weakest point for most investors: How to maximize the profit. Always think about how to make the deal better, such as offering the seller a higher price in exchange for a lower monthly payment.
Don’t forget to visit us at LarryHarbolt.com for all your real estate investing education needs.
Good Luck and Happy Investing!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Larry's Community
Don't miss an episode - receive notifications of new episodes plus great real estate education tips along the way!